Seattle Study Club
Established in 2000, Journey For Excellence is an officially recognized chapter of the Seattle Study Club which was started by Dr. Michael Cohen in the early 1990’s and has grown to over 250 active and energetic groups across the United States, Canada and Australia. In January, 2009, Dr. Robins was honored with an “Excellence In Study Club Management” award at the SSC National Symposium.
What Is Our Purpose?
- We want to encourage and develop a stimulating environment whereby a relatively small group of dedicated clinicians can continue their pursuit of quality care and education.
What Makes Us Unique? – “A University Without Walls”
Our club will foster an open dialog of communication among our members, through small group dynamics, utilizing multiple venues:
- All-Day, small group lectures from nationally recognized clinicians
- Evening clinical case presentation sessions utilizing actual cases
- Hands-on presentations of clinical procedures and materials
- Laboratory support
- Staff training
- Mentoring through an advisory board composed of highly respected local professionals
- Use of a national journal presenting additional cases for treatment planning discussion
What Are Our Goals?
- To improve the quality of our comprehensive treatment planning
- To improve the level of dentistry through ongoing clinical sessions and all-day seminars
- To improve the quality of our practices and our enjoyment of dentistry
- To improve the educational levels and job satisfaction of our staff members
“Journey for Excellence” is an accredited, not-for-profit, tuition-based continuing education platform. By design, we intend to keep this a limited group in order to foster a unique learning experience. We are constantly striving to expand our programs by incorporating input from our group membership.